The Board of Directors for FWB Children’s Home met Saturday, March 30, 2013, on the campus of the Home. Board Chairman, Rodney Yerby led the meeting. The following items were handled by the Board:
1. Designated Jason Miller as Secretary of the Board.
2. Reports were given by Executive Director (ED), Mike Corley, Director of Child Care (DCC), Mandy Mitchell, and Director of Communication & Development (DCD), Danny Williams.
3. Authorized the Home’s administration to consider legal guardianship of children in special circumstances.
4. Approved an operating reserve and investment policy.
5. Approved the following expenditures from Building Fund reserves:
Security upgrades – $2800
Cottage upgrades (carpet/furniture) – $10,000 for each cottage
Gun safe – $800
5. Modified the firearm policy for the Handbook.
6. Set the annual board meeting for September 28, 2013, (last Saturday of September) on the FWBCH campus beginning at 8:30 AM. The spring meeting will be held March 29, 2014, (last Saturday of March).
Members present: Rodney Yerby, Ch., Tim Baumgarten, Waymon Fields, Rick Cash, Lamar Cox, Ray Ritch, and Jason Miller